Does anyone have info about the foursqaure church or the disciples of christ christian church background

Iam apart of the disciples of christ christian church and iam looking for more info about what thier beliefes are all i know is that we do commuinon every sunday and we have contempoary worship serivce with praise dancer.

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I went to a foursquare church in CA and liked it. We had a laid back (the pastor didn't wear a suit) service and contemporary worship. It was a very welcoming and loving church. You can look up foursquare international (I think that's what it is). Their main website has lots of good info. Our church did communion the first Sunday of the month :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Ok cool!
    tinamarie1972

Comment by tinamarie1972 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was raised in the Disciples of Christ church. They are a more liberal tolerant Christian church. They believe that communion should be served at every church service. They believe they were commanded to do so by Jesus himself. He said, "When ever two or more of you are gathered in my name, do this in remembrance of me." They are very big on social action and do take stances on political causes, especially social reform. When I was young the belief on baptism was that you should be baptised at an age where you choose it for yourself and it is done by immersion. They have infant dedication.

They originally broke away from the Church of Christ over using the organ and other musical instruments in the chuch. They are also very liberal in that they have women as fully ordained ministers. Their ministers are usually highly educated people with their doctorates in theology.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010