WHAT DO YOU THINK ? (VENTING)

MY SO WORKS MONDAY -FRIDAY AND ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY HE GOES OUT ! I DONT MIND THAT HE HANGS OUT WITH HIS FRIENDS ON THE WEEKEND ! BUT THE PROBLEM THAT IM HAVING WITH IT IS THAT HE STAYS OUT ALL NIGHT AND DONT COME HOME UNTIL 6 IN THE MORNING OR LATER ! WE ARGUE OVER IT ALL THE TIME BUT HE DOESNT SEE IT AS A PROBLEM ! BUT IF I WAS TO HANG OUT WITH MY COUSINS HE WANTS MEH TO COME HOME BEFORE MIDNIGHT ! HE DOESNT CARE THAT IM SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY OR NOT ! AND I ONLY GO OUT ON THE WEEKENDS ! SO WHEN I DO GO HOME BY MIDNIGHT IM HOME ALL ALONE ! REALLY DONT LIKE THAT ! WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

mrzshanteb23

Asked by mrzshanteb23 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Put you foot down. If he doesnt listen change the locks so he cant get back in
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• There is nothing going on at 6 in the morning. You might want to check that out.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You should not tolerate that. I'd let him know I was serious, he can grow up or get out. What bugs me more than his going out would be the telling you that you have to be home at a certain time. Red flag. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• He is your so, not your boss! Not your daddy! You are a grown woman & should be treated as such. A neutral 3rd party may be needed to get you both thru some issues here- or you will just have to agree to disagree or live & let live & just do what you want. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Since he is your SO, there isn't a whole lot you can do...and he will say it is his right to go out to the guys,even if it is selfish and immature. If he were my HUSBAND< I would just tell him to grow up and stay home on the weekends. The idea that your SO is staying out all night is really bad. I don't know if I would want to live with a guy at all and especially not THIS guy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• if you have discuss this with him, and told him that you don't appreciate what he is doing and he stills won't respect you and come home at an respectful time, he don't intend to! you need to decide if you are willing to except that, if you are willing to allow him to countinue to treat you a way you don't want to be treated. people only treat you the way you allow them to. keep in mind you can't change him, that is something that he has to do. doing to him what he do to you won't change any thing, it will only be a temporary fix. give him an alltamative?? i would tell my dh if you not home at 1:30a.m you won't get in. i say that time because that is enough time to have your fun and be home at a decent time, right before the bar close.
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would do it I would stay out all night and say whats good for the goose is good for the gander do it a couple times like I did and it showed him I could be trusted and after a while he started coming home at midnight. Try it it worked for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wow that's really selfish of him, I don't think he should be going out that often either. Maybe 1 night a week is fine, but 2 consecutive days? Maybe if he wasn't staying out all night it wouldn't be so bad. Also, does he take you out and show you a good time? It wouldn't be fair if he wanted to go out and have fun but didn't give you that. I'm sorry he's doing that, you should talk to him and let him know how you feel. He may not see it as a problem as you said, so don't bring it up as a problem,bring it up addressing the way it makes you feel when he leaves you all alone all night. He can argue about anything all day, but he cannot argue with the way you feel.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No way in heck would i tolerate my hubby acting like that. I agree with the whats good for the goose is good for the gander comment.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sounds like he needs to grow up.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 3:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010