I really think that this may be the reason do you????????????????

For years I lived in a fairly good sized city after graduating from high school. I did not return to my hometown much and had no reason to know what anyone there was doing. 15 years later due to circumstances beyond my control I was forced to return there( to live with a baby in tow. The father of my baby is definately is documentably dangerously mentally ill, interestingly enough I cannot get the cops in this town to do ANYTHING when he starts in. Nothing. I would think that even if they cannot legally do anything they could get the ball rolling for some civil action against him and i cant understand for the life of me why not.

Then it suddenly dawned on me, while I lived in the city, I happened to see a guy out at a bar that I went to high school with, he displayed no wedding ring and well..................Yeah we ended up hooking up. Come to find out he is married and his wife at the time was expecting their first child, he was in the city to complete his training to become a cop. He totally fell in love I fell asleep. He was calling me 20, 30 times a day saying that he wanted to leave his wife for me and everything. I told him to get bent and leave me alone. I actually at one point called the cops on HIM in the city I lived in and told them ( they were friends of mine) and asked them what to do. His wife has gone on to have 4 more kids and now I have to contend with the fact that he is second in command and i still have to see him. He still looks at me at times like he is undressing me and I also feel that this is why things are not getting done for me. Someone once said " He knew he was married, you didnt!" That doesnt seem to have alot to do with it because I am used to getting a reaction and a response and some action when I call the cops ( which by the way was never often; REASON was legit) what gives dont you think thats what the problem is?He makes like he is all into his life now ; with 5 kids how could you not be but he's not trust me. I am just really feeling as though this is payday time because he did not get what " he wants" kind of a deal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you're right. He wants to show you that he is the one in control now. Make lots of treats for your small town PD and I'm sure you can get most of them to like you in no time at all. But until then, you will have to watch out for your ex on your own. GL
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think you're reading too much into it. If you really think this is an issue, you can always go above his head and at least ask if there is anything to be done about your ex.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Just simply ignore things. I think you're looking to much into it. Go about you business
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• What do you want them do in regard to you ex. File a restraining order if you are concerned. They can't really do anything until they see him commit a crime. Has he threatened you. When you say mentally ill I lean towards it is his families responsibility to see that he gets any help.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yup you are on the right track I also think family is responsible for that but there is such a thing as disturbing the peace by phone ( for midnight calls he has made) etc etc. The more of a paper trail the better why not what gives here that is so different than a response I would get in the city?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Mhm. GO ON!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• IS there a PROBLEM with what I said???? TOO BAD! Its the truth
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think your right.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2010