Make ahead sweets?

Hey- so I'm narrowing down my Christmas brunch menu...

I'm going to do a baked croissant french toast casserole with caramel apples, a veggie fritatta, brown sugar bacon, (cooks in the oven on a sheet pan),homemade bagels and lox...(for my uber-healthy in laws), homemade apricot pastries, and a bunch of fresh fruit. Possibly a couple of kinds of homemade muffins.

I need some light, sweet ideas to round out the menu...this will be a several hour affair with people stopping by at various times, and I don't want to do ANY work the morning of outside of putting things in the oven and removing them. I also need things that will hold up well at room temperature and don't require a lot of baby sitting.

In short, I'm being a really big pain in the butt, but do you guys have any ideas to round things out, or am I over thinking it? (as in, what I have is plenty..)

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Mmmm...scones? Some fresh jam? (It's really not that hard to make, I'll get you a recipe if you want)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• That's a GREAT idea!
    I already know how to make jam. Surprised I hadn't thought of it.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think if you make a couple kinds of muffins and have plenty of fruit you'll have more than plenty.
    Anonymous

• Scones, Jams, cookies, muffins,
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Have you had a caramel apple cheese ball? Dip with apples or fruit. You can prepare that the night ahead and slice apples easy.
    Fudge-but that is not very light but holds well.
    Pumpkin dip. I jar marshmallow, i can pumpkin with spice, 8 oz cream cheese and dip with gingersnaps.
    Have fun!

2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Ok I was gonna say scones with clotted cream. So freaking yummy and you do not have to roll them out if you don't want to you can scoop them out with an ice cream scoop. My favorite sweet ones are cinnamon with mini chips. Yummy. Any fruit variety works, or plain is delish. Dang it now I am so hungry.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010