Hmm....

Ok. So I'm pregnant with my first and am 34 weeks along. Now, maybe I'm just going CRAZY! lol I had a few complications in the beginning of the pregnancy and was on bedrest and the whole 9 yards and have had back and hip pain due to her aggravating my sciatica. But the past few days I have had a TON of energy and have never felt better! I literally have to make myself sit down and rest so I don't over-exert myself! It's great!! lol But I just have this strange feeling that I won't make it to my January 19th due date!! I just feel like I am going to have her sooner rather than later. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just 'first time mommy anticipation"?? Thanks ladies!!!!

expecting girl

Austynsmommy111

Asked by Austynsmommy111 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a burst of energy from about 36 weeks to 38 weeks, then crashed hard. I was induced at 39 weeks, I doubt I would have gone into labor at that point on my own. I think it's mother nature's way of giving you some energy to get stuff done before the baby comes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sounds like nesting phase
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was going to say nesting, too. I never really had that because DS came four weeks early. He was due October 17, and for most of my pregnancy I thought I'd be late because my mom was with hers (3 weeks late with the first!). Then I had an early leak of amniotic fluid, and I just had it in my head I was going to give birth September 16. He came just after midnight September 17! So while I wouldn't put TOO much stock in it, I do think it's possible to have those kinds of intuitions. Just don't be disappointed or impatient if it doesn't happen. Your body knows just how long to cook your little bun! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yep, definitely sounds like nesting! You're smart to make yourself rest- I overdid it & ended up really tired. I think most first time moms think they won't make it to the due date; I didn't think I would & she didn't come till 2 weeks after it. Hugs doll, & happy holidays!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My stepmom had this happen to her with all three of her pregnancies. I'm not sure if it means you'll "pop" early though LOL
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• def nesting it happens!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sounds like the nesting phase.
    I am going through that right now, I feel great but like crap at the same time haha.
    ShamrockAnn

Answer by ShamrockAnn at 4:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have seldom had bursts of energy, but I have the feeling I won't make it to my Feb 1 due date, and this is my 3rd child. My other two came after 37 weeks, but I don't even feel that I'll go that long at this point (33 wks)
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thank you ladies!! As always, you've all been a huge help :)
    Austynsmommy111

Comment by Austynsmommy111 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010