for those complaining about handouts and obama's tax plan...

do you realize that all his tax plan does is roll back the cuts bush put into effect when he was in office?
do you also know that mccain opposed bush's tax proposal in 2000, calling for bush to apply those tax cuts to the middle class and NOT higher earners?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4I5jf9WmE
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/24/AR2008042403456_pf.html
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nice heather
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Does it matter. It's a raise on everyone's taxes, WHO PAY TAXES, eventually. He has no choice but to hit the middle class. Just wait, he's coming to your house too. Raising taxes during these economic times will only result in a greater recession, depression type result.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 10:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• One of the reasons tax breaks for the rich is so that they don't take their business (aka JOBS) overseas. I hope my husband still has a job soon. That's ok, we'll get divorced and go on state like the majority of OBAMA supporters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• but have bush's tax cuts helped businesses so far? clearly many are taking their jobs overseas already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• oh for christ sake
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Since the MAJORITY of Obama supporters are the MAJORITY of the country, are you saying that more than 50% of our country is on government assistance??? Sheesh, I'd like to know where my check is then. I didn't know that voting for Obama automatically qualified me for assistance!!! Where should I call?
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 10:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Most of Obama'a supporters are not "on state" correct me if I am wrong but I assume you mean some sort of public assistance. If accurate the statistics show that Obama won with the young vote and and the educated middle/upper class votes. Can you be more specific as to who the "on state" voters are I am not clear as to where you get your facts?
    Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 10:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If you make over a quarter of a million dollars you are still better of with a slight tax increase than a family who makes 45,000 thousand. It only applies to tax payers so someone "on state" reaps no benefits and more people will keep more of their hard earned money. Those of you who are complaining if you make more the 250,000 thousand then yes you will pay more but consider yourself luckier than 95% of the country because only about 5-7 % of the nations makes this kind of money and you should think of it as putting country first. Not to mention all of America's children will have health care and the right to a good if only decent education. We should want this for all children. Remember do not punish the child for the sins of the mother and/or father.

Actress.Mom

Answer by Actress.Mom at 10:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• young vote and and the educated middle/upper class

That's not exactly a fair statement. Educated people would look at the long term effects on what Obama wants to do. Those "educated" people who voted for him, looked at only the here and now, what his plans LOOK like on paper. Not 10 years down the road. *Not that I think his ideas will actually pass, there are still plenty of EDUCATED Republicans left in congress who will look long term and watch out for our best interests.*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2008