I didnt know I was pregnant and was drinking.

I am not a heavy drinker by any means. I just have a glass or 2 of moscato very very rarely. My LMP was 11/01/2010 and on Thanksgiving I had 2 glasses of moscato champagne. I found out I was pregnant on 11/28 and at that time I was about 4 wks. I amso concerned about my baby and hope that he/she is all right and no harm was done. I dont usually drink and so mad that I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some doctors will tell you a glass is fine every once in a while. As long as you didn't get drunk every night I think your fine.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• – collapse
    Well, see this is stuff I do not understand. This is going to be YOUR baby. You have to raise it and take care of it. Therefore, if it is born with abnormalities, it's yours, not ours. Why would you even put yourself and your child in a position such as that in the first place. You are worrying about it after the fact. I seriously doubt two glasses of anything will affect the development, but if I were trying to have a child, I wouldn't be drinking.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• That little bit won't harm the baby at this point. Please stop beating yourself up over it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Don't worry I used to big a big drinker (I was a bartender) and found out when I was pregnant with my 1st DD at 8 weeks and had drank a lot. Once I found out I was pregnant, I quit my job and quit drinking and my DD turned out just fine! I wouldn't worry too much, especially since you aren't too far along at all.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was not trying to have a child at all. This was totally unplanned and I had no idea what so ever that I could have been pregnant. I was under the impression that I couldnt because I got pregnant after 4 yrs!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• As long as you stopped as soon as you found out, I wouldn't worry too much. I had a huge margarita right before I found out I was pregnant, and DS is just fine. When I found out I was pregnant, of course, my mind went to all the stuff that I'd done before finding out I was pregnant (the margarita, falling off my bike... HARD). Ultimately, I knew I couldn't change it, and that if I'd done too much damage, the pregnancy would have taken care of itself. All I could do was take care of myself. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Good for you for being so consciences. I know so many moms who will drink absolutely as much alcohol or caffeine as is possibly allowed during pregnancy, and I don't understand that! I'm pretty sure two glasses won't affect your baby. Congratulations!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wine is okay LATER in pregnancy, not in the early stages. The early stages are critical in fetal development and that is when alcohol can do the most damage.

HOWEVER, I had a good night of drinking before I knew I was pregnant and my son turned out healthy. I doubt your glass of champagne will do any harm. I wasn't ttc either, I was on bc. Eat healthy, take your vitamins, your baby will be okay.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, it is fine. Interestingly enough ALL of the euro studies concluded that children born to mothers who occasionally partake in a drink or two actually had a higher IQ.
    It takes you being a RAGING ALCOHOLIC for there to even be a chance of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm sure you'll be fine. Just no more drinking from here on out. You didnt know, its okay. Dont beat yourselg up
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010