Any other Stay at Home moms feel burnt out like I do?

I've been a Stay at Home mom for 5 yrs. My girls are 3 and 5 now. I have no vacations or days off from my job and I'm burnt out. I would love a weekend off from being a mom or a wife. Any other moms feel burnt out too.

destinys1

Asked by destinys1 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, yes, yes! I do! Plus my husband travels ALL the time
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Lately yes....*sigh* I need a Vacation gonna go clean now....or go for a walk.... ((HUGS)) you are not alone keep the faith :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes. I'm at my breaking point right now but no one is willing to help me. I've been doing this on my own for over 3 years without a single bit of help because they arent willing to. Think its my job as their mommy to have them 24/7 without a single break
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• YES! My son is 2 and a 1/2 but Ive been home since I was pregnant with him. Im pregnant again and I can't keep up with everything and I have NO help I would love some MOMMY time. My husband works 6 days a week though so I will never get it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thanks for your answers. My husband has 3 weeks vacation. I'm thinking of asking him if i can take a weekend off by myself while he's on vacation. Hope he goes for it. I could use the break.
    destinys1

Comment by destinys1 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was that way too. I learned over the 5 years that I was a SAHM, that not everyone is cut out to be a SAHM. It's not something that is deeply embedded in us. I enjoyed the time with my children, but now I am glad to be at work again. My husband and I both work on base now and it's sad that our lunch hour is practically a date. Seriously, I feel your pain. I hope things get better for you!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was a stay at home mom for about 2 yrs and I was totally burnt out that I NEEDED a job to be on vacation! I hated that people thought that I had it pretty easy because I was home all day everyday "relaxing". I barely had a chance to relax.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i'm not burnt out, in fact i'm so bored. all my housework is done within a half hour, i can play with my 4 month old when she's awake but she takes lots of naps, i work out for up to 2 hours, that only covers a few hours of the day where there's nothing for me to do. i'd rather have too much to do than just be bored all the time. i want a part time job but there is only a set amount of hours in the afternoon i can work and no part time job gives set hours. i feel like my life is going no where
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I feel that way all the time. I've been a SAHM for 10 1/2 years and have 5 kids. It's non-stop here and I just need a break. It's not so bad when I'm on my meds but they ran out and I don't have a refill and don't have a doctor here (they are for depression) so I feel like crap and every little thing seems huge. I can take days off from housework (as long as I don't care about the mess and realize I'll have twice as much work to do the next day) but I can't take a day off from the kids. Even when my husband is home he won't always deal with the baby (he's 5 months) so I have to do it. Plus the kids are always here (10, 9, 8 and 4 1/2). There's always someone wanting me for something. They will walk right past my husband to ask me something. Drives me nuts. I need a vacation.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010