Does anyone use Allrecipes.com and pay attention to the reviews?

Do you read the reviews? I would be lost with out them.
Do you like to give reviews? Yes, I do.

How many stars would you give this question? Tee hee

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 1:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes i use allrecipes.com i ALWAYS read about 10-15 most helpful reviews before trying, and i also review everything i try, and take pictures. I can't help it im addicted to that site!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I do read the reviews, and if they have to change a hundred things I dont bother! I have never left a review though....maybe I should get on that!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't give many reviews, but I don't purchase or make anything without looking at the reviews first!!!
    Anonymous

• I only write a review of a recipe if I thought it was either fantastic or horrible. I do often read them, the ones that thought the recipe was either fantastic or horrible.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I do read the reviews. If people consistently to double the spices, or omit the milk or something like that, then I will do i when I'm trying something. Also, some people suggest substitutions to make things healthier or add protein or something. I prefer to make something that's gotten lots of good reviews.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have used many of their recipesbut I haven't read reviews. I love the sweet potato puff and the almost fat free banana muffins
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, I definitely read the reviews. Sometimes people switch up the entire recipe and I'd rather make the original than follow their 2398238 changes to it. I do leave reviews if the recipe is amazing (can't say I've made anything that turned out horrible).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, I use the site and yes, I read the reviews. Often times I will change the recipe based on the reviews and our own tastes. I also leave reviews if we try something and enjoy it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I do on something that sounds "fancy" or if there is an ingredient I havent heard of before, but I have never written a review.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Oh yes! The reviews have saved me a few times before! I rarely make anything exactly as the recipe says, because of the reviews! I have only reviewed a few things, myself, but I usually at least give it the stars!
    Anonymous