Does pregnancy and prenatal vitamins really make your hair grow?

I am really trying to let my hair grow and have adopted a low manipulation plan to achieve my goal. I was told that pregnancy and the vitamins will help it grow alot faster.. I am wondering how true this is..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy will keep most of your hair from falling out (as it does every day). The prenatal vitamins will help your hair and nails grow and be stronger. Many women I know take them for that reason!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• no. pregnancy prevents your hair from naturally shedding. the multi vitamins should be taken anyway, pregnant or not
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• oh and i wouldn't do the getting pregnant thing just to make your hair grow cause after the pregnancy most of your hair will fall out
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I wouldnt either.. but since I am pregnant and people have told me that.. I figure i'd ask..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It's the growth hormones from being preggos. But being preggo doesn't mean it will look good? It also causes zits. And growing your hair is not a reason to get preggo. I am sure that is not what you meant but I had to be clear.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• here's the math. you usually lose 150 hairs a day, thats not much. and the new hair grows after that old hair is shedded. well you don't lose those 150 hairs a day when you're pregnant. so think about how long you are pregnant. thats 54000 hairs that should have fallen out and grown back but they didn't. instead all that hair falls out after the pregnancy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• it is very true cause when i got pregnant my hair was very short and i took those prenatal vitaimins and my hair grow longer with in 2 to 3 weeks so it is very true

sincerely,
    tiffany strunk aka sparks
    tiffanynick

Answer by tiffanynick at 4:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't think my grew faster.. it def stopped falling out though!!! And it was EXTREMELY healthy!!!
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010