would u be a little stressed if....

your mother passed away 6months ago and your father met another woman already and moved in w/her to another state i might add!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Wow, yes and so sorry. HUGS
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• yeah id be pissed.. 6 mths is a little fast but you also have to think what if he was seen this women before she passed away, it sucks to think about but its a good possabilty and even older people that have been married forever have there rebound
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It's not uncommon for male widows who were happily married to move on quickly. My step-father was looking for a new mate almost immediately after my mother passed. I tried to view it as a tribute to her - he enjoyed his relationship with her so much that he is looking to replicate it as quickly as possible. I would be concerned for his welfare, concerned that this new relationship might not work out since it happened so fast. But what can you really do? I've taken the approach of supporting him and loving him in all his choices as he grieves in his own way, and as he does what he feels he needs to do.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sorry for your loss..It would kida piss me off..But it is his life. Was your mother sick for a long time??

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I guess I would be bothered by it BUT its HIS life.. Think about what HE has been through.. I'm sure that it isn't easy for him either.. You have to support him and his decision.. I don't want to sound rude, but put yourself in his place..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What is he supposed to do? Stay single the rest of his life? Think of how lonely he must have been. He hasn't replaced your late mother. He could never replace her. He needs SOMEONE in his life and if I were you I'd be happy for him. I'm sure if he could talk to your mom she'd say "What are you saving yourself for? I'm dead!".
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i would be mad but at the same time he need u to be their 4 him just like he need to be their 4 u im so sorry 4 your lost and i wish u and your family the best
    milla1981

Answer by milla1981 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Maybe this is his way of grieving, It's his way of finding a replacement. I know it sounds bad, but some people grieve in weird ways. I would be upset though. I would probably be upset if my father moved on 5 years after the death of my mother. That's just normal I think. I'm sorry for your loss!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008