Cheap grandpa! You MUST read this.

My FIL has oodles of money but we do alright and obviously don't expect anything out of him, ever. But it's Christmastime... So....

This year he asks what our kids want and we say the Xbox Kinect. He agrees and I figure it's good as done. Wrong.
Today my sweet husband tells me we have to send FIL $100 because the Kinect was more than he thought it was and we owe him the difference!

This is out of this world funny to me since the man is a successful business owner, living alone on a golf course community with his BMW's and golf carts.

People never cease to amaze me! Is this nutty to anybody else???!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• The man asked what the kids wanted, she told him. If he didn't want to spend that much, he should have said "But I can only spend such and such amount."
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sounds like you're being selfish. Who cares he has money why does a kid need $100 toy? Your kid should just be happy getting anything.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Just listen t your wording. You were expecting this from him thats why you through out he had tons of money
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Just because he is rich, doesn't mean he has to buy your kids pricey gifts. My SIL is rich but she saving her money to travel when she retires, not wasting on X-boxes for my children.
    Georgie_Peaches

Answer by Georgie_Peaches at 2:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think that you did nothing wrong. He asked what your kids were wishing for that you hadn't got them and you told him, he didn't have to buy it... he could have just as easily gotten them some kind of xbox game.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree if he thought it was too expensive than he shouldn't have bought it. Tell him to take it back. he isn't even spliting it halfway with you since they only cost $150.

you're right this is halarious, but only because he thought it was too much..AND STILL BOUGHT IT! now he wants you to pay him lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Then that is not a gift and he should have communicated better.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would have him take it back get his money back then tell him to not ask what the kids want if he's not just going to buy them a gift because they are his grandkids and it's Christmas. This is why I never had my kids ever tell their grandparents what they wanted for this exact reason.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wow! That is cheap. My mom is the manager of a predatory lending company (ie-car title loan, check advance) and makes like $12/hr and spends $150 on each of her grandkids (she has 3 ages 2,2,and6). I know what she spends because I shop with her and try to talk her out of spending sooo much cuz my kids already have so much. lol.
    On the other hand, he doesnt have to spend that much just cuz he has money. If he felt it was too much, he shouldnt have bought it and should've let you know it was out of his budget and you could have given him other ideas.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• lol...why does he have to buy such an expensive gift, though?
    I don't understand. ...if he has money or not.

He shouldn't of bought it ... now you guys owe? WTF..lmao
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010