Moms who don't spank their kids-are your kids little hellions who run your household? PLEASE ONLY ANSWER ANONYMOUSLY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are 14 n 9 and I have never wanted to put my hands on them, I always figured I myself would never want anyone hitting me so why would I do that to them. I have always talked and explained life to them and they are wonderful children who make me proud to be their mommy. They are not perfect but neither am I.
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 9:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My child gets spankings and he is still a hellion.
    Anonymous

• No I never spanked my kids and one is going into the military and the other is about to have his first kid. it was hard but there were better ways.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I dont do anon I like to own my words
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I beleive in spankings as long as they did something bad enough to deserve one, but not for just anything.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Every time you hit your children you are teaching them to hit. Spankings erode a child's self-esteem. Also, children who are hit on a regular basis often suffer from depression when they are adults. I never hit my daughter and she grew up to be a kind, caring and professional young woman. (And she was a delightful little girl.) You've got it backwards. Generally, it is the children who are hit who are the hellions. (Or if parents do not know how to set limits.)   www.filedby.com/author/linda_griffin/1127154/

teacher-author

Answer by teacher-author at 3:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree teacher-author.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My kids just seemed to know that being a good kid was much more rewarding and pleasant than being in trouble. It was really rare that I had to spank and that was in a really extreme kind of situation. For example, for their safety.But,no,they were not hellions. And they don't spank their kids either. They are all grown and married and they have nice families.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My kids are truly lovely. I only had to spank them once or twice and they learned. I was spanked as a kid when I deserved it. I think society today is rearing a bunch of....well, you know. Sometimes you get spanked, sometimes you don't get picked, sometimes you lose the game. If we cushion ALL of life's blows, how will they manage?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't hit my child, but I discipline her. She is a sweet little girl with good manners. She is only 2, so of course she has her terrible two moments, but I don't approach them with my hand in the air. I think a happy mommy always seems more pleasing to her anyway and so she does what she's told.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010