what ingredients do you put in your hamburgers?

i havent made hamburgers in, well, a year maybe, and want to make them tonight. i remember the basic stuff, but i always used to add some other stuff for "piz-azz"

ill probably use; egg, breadcrumbs, seasonings, and either steaksauce or barbecue sauce.
but i feel like im forgetting something?

what do you put in them?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ground chuck, ground sirloin, salt and pepper

If we want meatloaf, we'll make that in the oven.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I like them with just meat and and salt, pepper and garlic. Sometimes an egg to hold them together. You could make them into a really yummy blue cheese bacon burger if you add some chopped up cooked bacon and blue cheese crumbles. YUMMMMMMM!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use those ingredients if I am making meatballs since they come out softer. When watching Bobby Flay, from the foodnetwork, he suggests that you make a well in the middle of the burger so it cooks properly. And also suggests not trying to press down on the burger with a spatula because it causes the juices to run out of them. I tried his suggestion and it really does help make the burger better. You can season your burger with just about anything you like. I've even tried the "inside out" burger which you put the cheese inside and it gushes out when you bite into it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• seasonings, Italian breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and onions
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• When I make burgers, I usually crack an egg into the meat, salt, pepper, garlic powder, some finely chopped onions, Worcestershire sauce, and some pulverized ritz crackers. To 'mix it up' I'll cook some bacon that's been chopped into bits and fold that in. Or if I'm in a fatty mood I'll melt a couple tablespoons of butter into the meat mixture (butterburgers, yum!).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I always use an egg. That's the only constant for me. I don't make them the same every time either.
    ~cooked chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese (or melt a slice on top when they're almost done cooking), some onion, any other seasonings you like.
    ~steak sauce, onions, breadcrumbs
    ~shredded colby-jack cheese, breadcrumbs, onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, basil.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your making meat loaf. In that case I put salsa in it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• ah yes, onion. i usually put a package of onion soup in the mix.

so i dont need an egg?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• season salt
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use ground beef that I season with season salt, garlic salt and pepper. I don't add eggs or breadcrumbs to burgers, that's for meatloaf.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010