Will I ever get my social butterfly back?? How long will it last for??

So my son who is 18 months used to be the social butterfly walk up to anyone start talking playing whatever. But today when we went to a CHRISTMAS PARTY he was being really shy didnt want to look at anyone, acting up, holding on to mommy's leg. He never used to do this until now. So my question is it normal for a 18 month old to have these behaviors if he never did them before?? What could it be?? Am i doing something wrong all of a sudden??

connorsmom2009

Asked by connorsmom2009 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a stage I'm sure. I am NOT a social butterfly in the slightest and some how my son is.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son went through that exact stage. I wouldn't really worry about it to much.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 3:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yeah my son would do the same thing. He became shy. He got over it around 3-4.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2010