yeah, so how much outside playtime should a 18 month old get a day or in a week??

My toddler is 18 months old and he only plays out 2 or 3 times a week.. So, how much time should he play outside??

connorsmom2009

Asked by connorsmom2009 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• IMO at least 30 min or more a day as long as it isn't sweltering hot or bitterly cold or raining.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yeah what But mommie said, but don't forget the suns rays can still be harmful even on a cloudy day so don't forget to slather on the sunscreen.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree they should be out at least 30 minutes, depending on the weather. Winter time, we stayed in quite a bit last year because my son was a newborn. Hopefully we can get out more this winter. Its cold here!!!
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son is 13mos, and it's damp here, meaning the park is damp, so not something we do during rainy season, so we at least try to take him on a walk when the weather is good. Even if it's just to the store 10minutes down the street and 10minutes back, or around the neighborhood.
    When the weather is better, and more predictable, we usually go out once a day, a couple hours
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Every day. For a minimum of 20 minutes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think it's more about they kind of activities they do than where it is. Outside is great! But we don't have a yard so we go to the park for 1-2 hours at least 3 times a week. When weather is bad or when I just have a lot to do around the house, we "dance" while I'm doing the dishes or I pile the pillows on the floor and let him jump and roll around on them while I fold laundry on the bed. The key is to keep them moving and playing in different ways.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2010