I told my sister to stop buying me gifts if all im going to get is crappy stuff (more of a vent) adult content

BEFORE YOU START GIVING ME THE UNGREATFUL BASH JUST READ THE WHOLE THING

My older sister has a bachelors, associates, & masters degree in child psycology & is certified in hypnotherapy, she used to be in the military before going to college, she is married to a much older man who works for the government & will be retiring in a couple years, they have no kids & own a beautiful huge house & 3 nice cars including 2 vipers, she comes home to visit twice a year.

Every year she gets everyone but me nice gifts take 2 years ago for instance, She got mom a brand new clothes dryer, little sister got a brand new computer, my cousin got a home steros system, my kids got clothes & mp3 players, my fiance got a $15 gas card and I got a calender!?!?

Last year Mom got a new cell phone & flat screen TV, Little sister got a new cell phone & printer, cousin got a $50 walmart gift card, my kids got books, my fiance got a DVD and I got a $5 walmart gift card!?!?

When I told her she always gets nice stuff for everyone else while I get bullshit she said it's because I don't tell her what I want but SHE NEVER ASKS!! So I told her just don't get me anything if it's going to be something crappy.

NO i'm not jealous of my sister because I too am successful but come on!

I don't want to hear all that "its the thougt that counts" shit either........vent over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• Drama drama! I wouldn't care so much that it was cheap but more that the gifts don't seem to have a lot of thought put into them. They are more like, "there I got you something" gifts.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Aww man! it seems like she's picking cheap ass things ON PURPOSE! if she didn't know what to get you,why not a $100 gift card to Walmart instead of a $5 one?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• thats kind of funny.. not to be a snot, but a calendar? a $5 gift card? those are things you get a child..where you close growing up? cause I have like 10 things off the top of my head I could get for my sister right now without her having to say a word..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• That sucks of your sister. Did you two not grow up very close or something? Hell, I have two brothers, being closer to one than the other. I would NEVER be unequal in gift giving.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes we get second hand store gifts from my mom or already used gifts when the break there is nowhere to return them to while she gives money and really nice gifts to my brothers and her friends people say its the thought that counts well if thats the case the thought must be cheap and not good I asked her not to get me anymore gifts because of that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe you should give her some of the things she gives you and see how she reacts?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Get her one thing from the dollar store. Like a cheap bag of potpourri that smells like ass. She's being a bitch for whatever reason so stop wasting money on her.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I second that OP. Why'd you bother answering??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Well, it's obviously not the thought that counts, because it doesn't take more than 2 brain cells to pick out those kind of things. Maybe she's just being an ass because you won't or don't tell her things you want. Or maybe she's jealous of you? Who knows. It's hard to pin point why people do the things they do sometimes.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I like Pink's idea. OP seriously, buy her a calendar this year.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010