Winter has dried my face out.

After having a baby my skin changed slightly. It seems to be more dry than normal. I use a moisturizingface wash and exfoliate every 3 days. I use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer during the day and a heavy night cream at night. My face is so dry it is flaking....I have never had this problem before. Do you have any suggestions or home remedies?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I was about to tell you to use clinique...its the only thing that helps my skin.

I might lay off the exfoliation for a while....see if that helps.
    Anonymous

• Thanks! I love Clinique...lol
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe try just using hot water and a washcloth to wash your face, instead of a cleanser. My aunt who does facials told me to do that, because my face gets dry too.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• To add to what the other ladies have said, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, eating a nutritious diet, and taking any vitamin supplements you might need to fill in the nutritional gaps. Beautiful skin comes just as much from the inside as what you put on the surface of it.
    But hey--I do all those things and my skin feel drier than usual too, so I feel your pain! Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Shea butter.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I swear by " Keri's Serum" it has evened out the pigmentaion in my skin moisturized it and plumped up my skin it makes me look younger.
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 6:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use this cleanser in the winter.  My skin doesn't feel dry and tight after my shower.

http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers/aqua-marina

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'd stop exfoliating for a little while; at least wait until the winter season is over. Keep up with the moisturizers.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Reduce the exfolliating to twice weekly - your skin cannot repair and renew at the same time. The women in my family are known for beautiful skin - so here is family secret - remove all makeup and blot face clean - no rubbing. Use vaseline pertrolum jelly (in the jar not the gel) smear over face and neck thickly - leave on 5 - 10 min, with a clean wash cloth using hot water from tap Not boiling, soak cloth in hot water wring lightly and press cloth to face directly on jelly for about 15 -20 seconds, soak cloth again wring and repeat. Jelly will completely absorb into skin on face and neck. Pat face and neck dry repeat as necessary - the day I do this I do not add additional products and I usually do this before bed so my face and neck stay makeup and product free for several hours. Hope this helps.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• lotion lotion lotion every day all day
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010