How do I speed up my computer?

Ok so it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've had internet. Then my computer was state of the art. but now it's a dinosuar I guess. Does anyone know of any sites that will clean it up, speed it up or whatever needs to be done to it?

lolozig

Asked by lolozig at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Technology

• Replace the hard drive and upgade you drivers. YOu may also need a new 3d, graphics and sound card... May as well buy a new one really.
    Anonymous

• Buy more memory. Computers aren't that expensive these days though, you might be better off just getting a new one rather than buying a bunch of hardware to make yours up to speed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Some computers CAN'T be upgraded, I tried with one that was almost 10 years old but all I could upgrade was the RAM. I purchased a refurbished tower that came with optical mouse & a keyboard from e-bay for $99.
    I would also suggest ordering a full antivirus system because all the free downloads for trials online DO NOT get all the bad things out of your PC. I ordered a 2010 Panda antivirus pro system from e-bay for $10, it is brand new & can cover up to 3 PC's for 1 year. When I got it I first ran it on my old PC (which previously had a free version of mcafee & advanced system care) it took almost 24 hours running that scan but it found 127 infections/viruses, 2 trackers, & a couple hundred spywares that the free downloads missed or just couldn't remove without upgrading, that alone sped up my old PC. I also ran the scan on my new pc BEFORE going online and found 5 viruses, 3 infections, 8 spyware & 1 tracker in it.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010