Have you ever frozen your cookie dough for baking later?

I read that you can acutally freeze the cut out cookies and if you store them in the freezer properly they can be ready to bake as needed. I usually don't approach baking in this manner but I like the idea of being able to just bake them when I want to do a batch of cookies and not necessarily start from scratch every time. It kind of simplifies the whole process.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Since one of the things I sell is home made cookies, I make the dough, roll in into logs, wrap it in wax paper or plastic wrap, then wrap it with foil, label it & freeze. When I need to bake some I slice the logs & bake!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I freeze half the dough almost every time I make cookies. When I make sugar cookies and want them to just be circles, I make the dough into a log before freezing and then slice it with a sharp knife while still semi frozen before baking.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• actually i posted a question the other day similar to this one. i had a coupon for refrigerated choc. chip dough (the pre-cut square kind) and it was just after Thanksgiving, so i popped the package in the freezer to bake with the kids on Xmas Eve for Santa. will be putting it in the fridge on the 23rd to guarantee thawness for the next day!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No:]
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yep. Balls of regular dough, or the cutouts - a single layer on a peice of parchment paper, then stack your layers. Much easier to make fresh ones every couple of days, and better than making them all at once and having stale cookies a week later!
    Anonymous

• Well you can do that easily. I do monster cookies this way b/c the batch is so freaking huge. I make some when we first make the dough then scoop them out and freeze in balls. The dough will last up to a week in the fridge too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• great idea
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Nope, we go through cookies fast enough that there's no need to freeze the dough. But, I have made dough and frozen it as a gift.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I always have balls of cookie dough in the freezer; I never bake a whole batch.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I must have missed your posted question tnm786-Sorry about that! I've never actually created dough from scratch and tried to freeze it
    though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Comment by CafeMochaMom1 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010