When can my baby start to eat meat that is pureed?

I can't remember when it is ok to start stage two foods and the meats that stage two has please help. when did you start feeding your baby this?

tck32

Asked by tck32 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started to give them to my daughter when 10 mths and at 12 she started to eat normal food
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 10:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You can begin your pureed meats right at 6 months. You are welcome to join us at Common Sense Parenting here at cafemom to find answers that work well for you and your Angel. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• When you start feeding you baby other pureed foods you can feed your baby pureed meat.

Answer by louise2 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I started my son on pureed foods when he was 5 months old and now he is 11 months old and he pretty much he all of the dinner but I also give him some gerber graduates too.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You don't need to pay any attention to "stage 1" or "stage 2", that is all invented by baby food companies. If your child can pick it up and eat it it is probably fine! You can start with soft mashed meat as one of the first foods at 6 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Go to La Leche League. they have very detailed advice for foods for babies, AND all kinds of other wonderful advice. ... For myself, I understood how and why it was important to delay meat and eggs until after the child turns 3. That was 2 decades ago, and lately they have begun to learn about the effects of meat and egg fats on hormone balance and on creating inflammation. So that is another angle which supports waiting until certain growth milestones have been reached before burdening the liver with meat or egg. ... I must add that I had good results - for one thing my children were very rarely sick ... Oh, and for healthier children, go for the Happy Baby food grinder so your child is eating fresh-cooked food and not lifeless canned food.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I never used the stage 1 foods. I also never gave the baby meats. I tried once - it smelled like cat food, I couldn't bring myself to try it, and my daughter pushed as far away from the spoon as possible. I couldn't blame her and I threw it out. I knew she didn't need the nutrition of the meat (that was in her formula) so I waited until she was about 10 months and then gave her a little bit of chicken that I cut up so fine it was nearly mush. She liked that.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008