if u have dark and harsh smelling urine...

could it be a sign of uti?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• could be or it could mean your dehidrated.....thats one of the only few ways I can tell my baby needs to drink more too and being in the Military its something they preech about everyday is drink alot of water. so I think I would try to drink more water first. If it burns when you pee then go see a doc cause that might be a UTI
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 10:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes, most likely. If its dark like there may be blood in there its a kidney infection. I would see a doctor as soon as possible. The only thing that would be ok if your pee smelled was if you ate a whole lot of asparagus and hadn't had something to drink in a while.
    HaileysMommy130

Answer by HaileysMommy130 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Drink more water. Its really not good for your baby to get dehydrated. If increasing your water intake doesn't help then I would go see your doc. Good Luck =D
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You do not drink enough WATER. Cranberry juice is good to clean your self out too..You know you kidneys,, bladder..

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sounds like you're dehydrated. Take you current weight and divide it by 2. That's how many ounces of water you should be consuming in a day.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• the darker your urine, the stronger..the more dehydrated you are. to be fully hydrated your piss should be almost clear. ALMOST.
    in the army (im an army vet) we had posters with clolors all over the bathrooms cause it was highly importanta for us to stay hydrated.
    drink more water
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008