Do you let your dogs lick scraps from YOUR dishes?

I don't know why, but this has always really been sore subject for me. I hate it!! Our dogs will eat cat poop, they lick their own bottoms, and they lick God only knows what else. I know, hot water and soap will clean it, but I just DO NOT like their dirty nouths on my dishes. Hubby sometimes lets them do it anyways...and it drives me nuts. What is your stand on this one?

HomeBoundMama

Asked by HomeBoundMama at 2:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pets

• We let our dog eat food we don't eat but not from dishes we plan to eat from.
    And if she sat and begged and barked for food at the table, she wouldn't even get the leftovers!
    I have a friend who's dog sits and barks the whole time they're eating, I would NOT put up with that!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 10:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Guilty...
    Barbwirenrozes

Answer by Barbwirenrozes at 3:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• We have friends that do this. I will not eat at their house.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 3:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I never let our dogs eat scraps from the table or our dishes. It's disgusting IMO. My stepmom does this and her dog sits at the table when they eat, begging for food the whole time. Then when you go to get up to put things away, you walk through dog slobber. I HATE IT!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• We don't have a dog, but if we did the answer would most definitely be NO!!!! Eww
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I do not like it at all. I think that is so disgusting. My hubby on the other hand was raised that it's ok. His mom always lets the dog eat off the dishes EVEN on christmas and thanksgiving!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! We constantly fight about this one because he thinks that soap and water are the answer to everything.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 10:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2008