What do i do? Terrible 2's???

For the last 2weeks, my daughter, 18 months, has been incredibly cranky! It's not teeth, gas or nething else. She wakes up for 2hours in the middle of every night. It takes me a while 2get her calmed down &then she fights sleep 4the next several hours. She wants 2watch tv (i try 30 min & she screams when its over). She was taking a 2 hour nap but she's moved 2only an hour nap a day. Her attitude is out of control, she throws things, screams when she doesn't get her way, tells me no & don't . . . (everything i don't tolerate). I don't know if she's hitting the terrible 2's early but i don't know how 2handle it. I've tried spanking and ignoring (during the fits- not at night) but that doesn't do nething. Time out only helps 4a few mins. I'm pregnant & my patience level is small especially when it comes 2my sleep. It's so frustrating bc she was sleeping through the night. All take all the helpful advice that i can get!

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 10:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Little ones at this age start having bad dreams. It is possible she is haing bad dreams and it is messing with her sleep schedule. What I would try is play some soothing music. We prefer Enya. Also set up a routine of story time right before night night time and do some cuddling.

Your little one also sounds as if she is trying to test her boundaries. Just remember to stay strong and be consistent. This too shall pass. Been there done that. Good Luck!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 11:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Try to be patient i know its hard but remember she is still just a baby. Im sure something has just disturbed her for her to be waking up in the middle of the night. Take a look around has anything changed in your life that could effect her? At 18months old they are still learning there bounderies and shes just testing you best advice is to distrac her with something else when she starts to throw a tantrum. Good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My daughter is going through the terrible twos tooo....but my daughter is biting and pinching and she gets sooo mad that she turns bright red and just swings her hands. This makes me very frustrated and now alike your daughter mine wakes up in the middle of the night looking to eat and if i dont get her something she wants to eat she screams for at least an hour and a half. It is very frustrating and i do feel exactly wherte your coming from and i believe that i am pregnant i am not exactly sure yet but i think i am so i feel your pain completely. well good luck with yours and wish me some luck too. ive tried everything time outs, spankings, taking things away everything.
    sweetkrissy

Answer by sweetkrissy at 1:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing with my 18mo. I got the Super Nanny book and it has been a life saver. We rarely have melt downs anymore.
    LuvMybebe

Answer by LuvMybebe at 2:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008