Do you believe that attitude is everything?

DO you believe that when a person is battling a sickness that the attitude they have can either help them get better or make them sicker?

I am a firm believer that if you are sick or battling a disease if you remain positive and have a good attitude you will have a more successful out come.

What do you think?

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes!
    tina454542

Answer by tina454542 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Hmmmm well I have several auto immune problems and am in chronic pain on a daily basis. I have not slept the night totally in several years. Everyday I wonder when I open my eyes how long it will take me to get out of bed. I am thankful that I still am able walk, Im thankful that Ive not gotten addicted to pain medications. Im thankful that for the most part with alot of work on my part I can still function.

Somedays its easier to be positive then others. I dont think that unless you have walked a mile in someone's moccasins you should even speculate what works and what doesnt. Everyones pain and mental stress levels are different. Yup I know being positive does help SOMEDAYS and somedays If I was to read something like this I'd roll my eyes and say you have no clue.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would have to agree. Being positive and thinking with a "glass half full" attitude will help you get better or at least get through the illness a lot better. Being sad and depressed all the time will only make you feel worse. Plus being optimistic about everything will make your loved ones feel better and have hope as well!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Welll....I can most definately say that I have walked in those shoes....and attitude makes a HUGE difference. It has been studies and proved. Misty, I want you to be better and I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thanks Conley! I hope that you to have comfortable days in your future :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I absolutely believe attitude has a major impact on these kinds of things, yes. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I believe it can have a big impact on improving or getting worse, BUT it obviously isn't the only thing.

Attitude is important, but if someone doesn't improve, it isn't her fault for not having a better attitude or praying more or however you want to put it.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Attitude is everything.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I toataly agree my husbands sister is is 20 years old and has lukimia and she does nothing about it almost like she thinks its going to go away and i keep telling her she needs to fight and fight if not for herself for her 3 wonderful lil kids
    sweade

Answer by sweade at 5:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I definitely believe in the power of positive thinking.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010