Why in this day in age

that some people still think it's wrong for races to date outside their race?
It's always about blacks dating whites when I see it on here.
I see a few black women flip out because "their" black men are dating a white girl. FYI NO MAN BELONGS TO ANYONE
Who cares if white dates black or Hispanic dates white or black. Who cares on who dates who. Why do people think it's their business to say something when they see a interracial couple?
People should just keep their mouths shut and be happy that two people found love. I bet they wouldn't want someone telling them its wrong to be with the person they are with.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why? Because that's how their parents raised them.

It always sticks with me - there were two people I worked with - black guy, white girl. Girl had a ginormous crush on the guy, and he knew it. It was one of those things that was so obvious to everyone, we were all just thinking go out and get it over with already. I finally asked him why he didn't ask her out - he said he would love to, but he couldn't do that to her because as much as he liked her, if he ever brought her home, his mother would treat her like complete trash and kick his ass for dating a white girl.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't care... I see nothing wrong with it. Here we go with Separate yet equal stuff again. It can't be both ways. We are either all separate or all equal.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. I'm Ecuadorian, and my dh is Mexican.

I guess you wouldn't think theres much of a difference, because were both Hispanic.
    You'd be surprised of the comments. I don't care though, I love my DH!!!!
    I say as long as your happy go for it!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• sounds like he needs to grow up and stop letting his mom run his life.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I totally agree with you. Even though my husband is Caucasian and so am I, if I would've fallen in love with a black man then oh well! You really can't help who you fall in love with and color shouldn't matter at all. Neither should age, gender, height, religion, etc.

And as another person said, "they're that way because that's how their parents raised them" - I'm going to have to disagree with that. Both of my parents don't believe in dating outside of your race and I feel the exact opposite! I hate close-minded people!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• So, who are the racist, sweetpotato418? The whites who say that or the blacks? At my school, there are several mixed race children and their (in their words) "full black" classmates are the ones who tease/pick on them. I teach in a school that is 98% minority. We have 1 Indian (from the country), 10 whites, 2 Arabic, and 50 Hispanics - the rest are black. They don't like the mix marriages, but there is a generalization that his sentiment is from the white race only. Why if you have an opinion about this you are a racist?  I have 2 cousins who have spouses that happen to be black. I could care less as long as they are happy.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• jesse123456 - Both. I think that ANYONE of ANY COLOR (white, black, red, green, etc.) who holds another person's race against them - (again, whatever that may be) mixed or not is a racist. And yes, I think that if you express opinions that are based on someone's race, you are, by definition, a racist.

I don't really get what your point is? Did you think I was implying that only whites are racist - because I'm not. Again, racists are racists and they come in every color.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it, but it is not for me. I also was raised like that, but I am not as "hardcore" about the subject as my family. To each their own....every person can make that decision for themselves.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• clapping

Answer by older at 7:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Just racist people!
    I'm also Ecuadorian and my hubby is a New Yorker, and I have experience racism, from my hubbys parents. They suck!!

The funny thing is the majority of my family have gone to collage they are educated and legal. His parents are liberal and very jealous of what other people have.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010