Papa Murphy's Pizza.........any thoughts?

I had never been there before today, but I bought an online gift certificate, printed it out and went in there today to buy a pizza. They were rude, arrogant and condescending and wouldn't honor my Groupon certificate. I will never go back there again! Shame, too, cause I heard it was good pizza, but a very bad staff in Speedway, Indiana make for a very bad experience and a very unhappy, non-returning customer! (And one who likes to blab on the internet!)

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• I have never had problems with them, and I've been to their stores in three different states. Their pizza is fantastic. It's less expensive, and I like the cook-it-yourself aspect. If you can actually read and follow the instructions, the pizza comes out perfect. I've never undercooked or overcooked one of their pizzas. You should complain to corporate about the behavior of the staff at that store.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Never heard of them
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I dont like them. The pizza comes out more greasy then if you ordered from a regular place. I
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I love Papa Murphy's. Wherever we go they are nice. The pizzas are huge and decent priced. Not alot of grease either!
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We have had good experiences with them.

Sorry that your first visit wasn't. I suggest you complain to a manager or corporate.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I love it!! Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe they have a different location you could try??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Never heard of it but yes nowadays a lot of places are choosing not to honor coupons printed off a computer & in some cases they won't even take coupons that were mailed to you even if you take the envelope it came in to the store with you.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I can't stand poor customer service. If you can't keep a smile on your face and a friendly attitude then you need to find a new job. I'm saying that as someone that worked in it for a long time. :)

As for the pizza, it is good stuff. We have two of them here locally and they both have very friendly staff. I give gift certificates to people like teachers, coaches, etc. from there but they are certificates I buy in store. In fact, when I buy them I believe they say they have to be used in that very particular store so I could see them being a business that wouldn't accept something from the internet.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We have one down the road but haven't tried them yet (we just moved here). I think your bad experience stems from the fact that you didn't check to see if they accepted printed coupons. A lot of places don't.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't like them. We can never get the pizza to cook right,its either burned or half raw.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010