You hear people answer the question "What's the worst gift you've ever received?" But I'm wondering what is the worst gift you've ever given.

I gave my SIL shampoo and conditioner once. lol It was spendy shampoo but still... just shampoo. I didn't know her that well at the time and dh was noooo help with the holiday shopping. I was in the salon and they were having a killer sale so that's what I did. Anyone else ever buy a gift that wasn't so great?

Jessica157

Asked by Jessica157 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have. I've given gift cards. I gave my MIL a $50 gift card to Bath & Body Works.
    I mean...I guess people want something to open, rather than money. Lol.

I don't think she was happy... really... LMAO!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I try so hard to take time and give people things that are personal. I love monogrammed things. I hate resorting to a shirt, or a gift card. Once my son got a 3 lb beef stick from Hickory Farms. My SIL thought it would be fun since he was 10 and liked beef stick. I just need to tell her this....hmm, no!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• LOL this is a good question. Though khf22 I would LOVE a bath/body works card! I think mine was a regift from our wedding. Someone gave us a waffle maker. Well, unless I get them from a resturant my waffles come from a box lol. I felt pretty lame but but the reciever really liked it lol or acted like they did lol
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I really can't think of a bad gift I've given. I usually ask people what they want or what they're into and give a gift based off that. And if they tell me they don't want anything, then I usually give money.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm queen of the $5 gifts that don't look like they were $5,so take your pick!
    I do it to the folks that will spend hundreds on someone else in the family,but will hand you an obvious second hand item or nothing at all,*mom,cough cough*

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I usually really try and put alot of thought into my gifts, but one year I had regifted this snowball candle holder thing I had got. I thought it was nice but just wasn't for me, well the next year it was regifted by my aunt- I guess it wasn't that great of a gift afterall....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I made my MIL a beautiful journal and bookmarks one year. Apparently they were a crappy gift because when I went to her house 9 months later they were sitting on her coffee table covered in dust and untouched. Oh well!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Probably a $10 gift card for our teenage nephew. Normally we would have spent more, but money was tight that year.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Hmm, I don't think I've given bad gifts.

I received Nexus shampoo and conditioner from my aunt was has happy. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• SleepingBeautee, I have gone to my MIL's and noticed that a gift I had given her was still sitting in the gift bag next to an end table. Several months after the fact.
    Jessica157

Comment by Jessica157 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010