do you get help for christmas?

i sometimes get help for christmas like from toys for tots or christmas angel its a place thats gets you toys for your kids at christmas when you cant afford it. and this year i went to late and they didnt have any room on the list for my kids i have a 7, 6 and 3 year old and i dont know what im going to do this year. my kids are not greedy or picky which is good so i might be able to get them a couple of things from the dollar store and they would be happy. i just wanted to get them something better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• No but I like to help as much as I can. I'm giving away all my kids old toys to two families in need. The toys are in great shape still better it go to kids who arent picky then in the dumpster
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Contact your school and/or church. Let them know what happened. I had that happen to me and I was talking to one of my kids' teachers at the time and that year the ENTIRE school sponsored our family! It was crazy insane! They had sooooooooooo many things to open, that they actually got tired of unwrapping presents and saved some for later and took a nap!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Call your town offices, police department, fire department, & any local churches and ask if there are Christmas programs you can sign up for. Also go to your state, city, and county websites (Google them) and search for charity programs and/or use the "contact us" links to call about programs. There are many programs out there but they all have different names and you need to put in the research. You also might call your three top TV stations (Google CBS, ABC, and NBC for your area) if you do not see any Christmas charities info on their website. They all have these programs. Plus most local newspapers have a Santa charity.......contact them too. Also, someone mentioned Wish Upon A Hero. I do not know about this charity but you can Google their website. The research might be worth it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No we have never gotten hellp. Years and years ago when we couldn't afford help and I didn't know you could go to any place to get help I did the best I could I painted the Dukes of Hazzard on a used pillow case for my son and I made some dolls for my daughter. I think it was then I decided that I would get a job so I never had to do that again. Now, working at the school they might be able to help you out as I know the school I am at does lots for families otherwise you might just have to buy a few things at the dollar store or contact a church there are always people willing to help out. This is another reason why I shop all year long even though I work a fulltime job and a part time job I want to make sure all is taken care of. I wish you the best in finding help.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have gotten help this year from a CM group just search for some but its prob too late for that now....Why did you wait so long?? Check with schools, churches or Craiglist. Best of luck
    Anonymous

• Ive wondered about the "why did you wait so long?" several times.
    Around here some lists were closed in September!

Good luck finding something.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010