Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

let the hubs get a dog, or not.

We have three girls, expecting a boy in March & we have a German shepherd & had a puggle.. the puggle ran away 3 weeks ago and we havent seen him since :( my husbands work has more shepherds they want to give only to police officers they know.. and there are two girls left.. they are both 5 months old and my hubby wants one. Is it too soon to let him bring another dog here?? I really miss my puggle.. he was the sweetest little guy.. I feel terrible by getting another dog & just trying to forget about my little puggle... but my hubby has wanted another shepherd for a while now.. he likes big dogs.. i like small dogs... our german shep now is VERY sad and lonley being alone.. but i dont knwo what to do :( having another BIG dog also doubles all the expenses.. and we're about to have our 4th child.. is the timing off, or is the timing perfect?


Asked by mohme2three at 4:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,050 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I think you should wait and focus more on this up coming child then a new dog. You dont know how this new dog will handle being around a baby

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • I agree with mommyof two388.I think that bringing a new dog home 3 months before having a new baby is INSANE! You have no idea how the dog will react to a baby, you really have no idea of the temperament of the new dog for a long while. Better to wait for a different batch of puppies.

    Tell your husband that you are worried about bringing a new dog home and then a baby too. You will be the one to do most of the care for the dog and the baby, so it isn't fair to saddle you with a puppy and all of the training that goes into one and a new baby... plus three other kids. He should understand.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • as long as your having reservations about it i don't see it being a good time to take on more then you can handle a pup will be more work for you. chewing, knocking kids over, what ever puppies do. i wouldn't do it and you husband should respect that since your the one home more.

    Answer by melody77 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • I would wait,at least until after the new baby is born and then see.

    Answer by mom4jimbo at 11:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • yes, LET HIM. he said it was MY DECISION(: therefor im not sure if i should let him or not let him.

    Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • My husband brought home a 7 week old walker coonhound the night before I had our 8th child. I wanted to strangle him.....but it was a breed he had been wanting for forever, it was free (from a family friend) so I did not have the heart to say no. Heck today my oldest brought home a new puppy, animals always work there way into your heart. I have never regretted any of our animals, but I have regretted not getting some when I have had good opportunities.

    Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • If he left the decision up to you, tell him about your reservations about getting the new addition. Just explain how you feel.

    Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Let him??? Get the dog.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010