let the hubs get a dog, or not.

We have three girls, expecting a boy in March & we have a German shepherd & had a puggle.. the puggle ran away 3 weeks ago and we havent seen him since :( my husbands work has more shepherds they want to give only to police officers they know.. and there are two girls left.. they are both 5 months old and my hubby wants one. Is it too soon to let him bring another dog here?? I really miss my puggle.. he was the sweetest little guy.. I feel terrible by getting another dog & just trying to forget about my little puggle... but my hubby has wanted another shepherd for a while now.. he likes big dogs.. i like small dogs... our german shep now is VERY sad and lonley being alone.. but i dont knwo what to do :( having another BIG dog also doubles all the expenses.. and we're about to have our 4th child.. is the timing off, or is the timing perfect?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 4:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should wait and focus more on this up coming child then a new dog. You dont know how this new dog will handle being around a baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree with mommyof two388.I think that bringing a new dog home 3 months before having a new baby is INSANE! You have no idea how the dog will react to a baby, you really have no idea of the temperament of the new dog for a long while. Better to wait for a different batch of puppies.

Tell your husband that you are worried about bringing a new dog home and then a baby too. You will be the one to do most of the care for the dog and the baby, so it isn't fair to saddle you with a puppy and all of the training that goes into one and a new baby... plus three other kids. He should understand.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• as long as your having reservations about it i don't see it being a good time to take on more then you can handle a pup will be more work for you. chewing, knocking kids over, what ever puppies do. i wouldn't do it and you husband should respect that since your the one home more.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would wait,at least until after the new baby is born and then see.
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 11:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes, LET HIM. he said it was MY DECISION(: therefor im not sure if i should let him or not let him.
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My husband brought home a 7 week old walker coonhound the night before I had our 8th child. I wanted to strangle him.....but it was a breed he had been wanting for forever, it was free (from a family friend) so I did not have the heart to say no. Heck today my oldest brought home a new puppy, animals always work there way into your heart. I have never regretted any of our animals, but I have regretted not getting some when I have had good opportunities.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If he left the decision up to you, tell him about your reservations about getting the new addition. Just explain how you feel.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Let him??? Get the dog.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010