my face is breaking out D:

what can i use that wont hurt the baby? or can i just use anything? my face has always had acne and little red spots but its gotten worse since i got pregnant so anyone have any ideas?

im 6 weeks tomorrow :D

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 4:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are some topicals you can use. Ask the OB next time and drink water. It's par for the course w/ pregnancy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You can use anything over the counter. Or just use regular soap and wash your face twice a day. In the morning and at night before bed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My face broke out bad when I was pregnant with my girls. My doctor told me any over the counter acne facial wash is fine (used in moderation of course). Exfoliate and use a pore minimizing cleanser if you can find a decent one. The Biore brand worked wonderfully for me, but everyone's skin is different. Wash your face with apple cider vinegar too, that's safe. Unfortunately it's a hormone thing and you should notice your skin getting better the further along you progress in your pregnancy.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have also been breaking out like crazy. I do not use anything except water, and I always have, and I have always had decent skin. I like Ivory soap, but that is kind of harsh on skin. Talk to your OBGYN. I think most astringents and facial washes would be safe to use.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 8:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you can use anything over the counter. Just ask your OB next time you visit.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My skin is worse now that Im preggers too!I started using olay and that seems to help
    amberfm

Answer by amberfm at 7:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010