Cholesterol

Mine is borderline I want to get it down. Atleast where I can be in the normal category.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 4:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• Well, I had a nutrition class for my nursing program, & they taught us that eating fiber can help with cholesterol levels... especially baked beans. Sounds weird, but it's true! Also, pre-packaged food tends to drive your levels up. Hope you find something that works for you!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Red Rice Yeast has been found to help lower cholesterol. Check with your doctor to see if this might be ok for you to take.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'd see if you coulod get in with a nutritionist
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• More fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Dried beans are good. Eat less red meat, and only lean. More fish.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• There are a lot of foods that help, I am sure if you google you can find a good basic diet to be on and things to avoid.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• red rice yeast... i agree
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2010