Tubes Tied

For the past 2 months my period has been heavy. I went to the doctor and she couldn't find anything wrong.What can I do know I don't want a heavy period for the rest of my life. I don't have fibroid, or anything like that.I had the ESSURE done over a year now.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 4:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• I'm getting the essure done next month. I really hope my period doesnt change
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Me neither, I have talk to other ladies and they have no problem ls
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not sure. I;ve always had heavy periods!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Novasure I think it what it is called. It is a uterine ablation. Basically it burns off a layer of your uterus on the inside. My MIL had it done due to heavy periods and she loved it.

On a side note, I had Essure done too and haven't really noticed a change in my periods like that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had a friend who had the ablation done and she said she is really happy about it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• hmmm, not sure but heres a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It may just be this way for awhile, I'd wait another month or 2 and if its still the samego back to the OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When I had my tubal I had it during my c-section. And I breast fed so I didn't have a period for quite a while. When I did begin, I thought I was bleeding to death lol. And it has been severe since. My ds is 3 and I just now have a little bit lighter flow. But I do have a fibroid, but my flow was never heavy until after the tubal. My friend says she is/was the same way. Even my Dr said after hers it was horrible.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2010