Twisted inside

Here's my delema. I still love my ex, my daughter's father. We get along great now that we're not together. He just resently got out of a relationship with a woman who didn't appreicate him and wouldn't make the effort to make time for him. Seeing him go through that tore me apart. He is a great man, but it took losing him to make me realize that. Now he does still care about me alot. He just doesn't know how he feels about much of anything at this point. I'd like to see us together again, but we're both afraid of the slightest little problem between us ruining that happiness again. We both want to be happy again, but don't want to be let down again either. I'm willing to give it another try, because I think it can work.

Now my question is, should I keep being just a friend, atleast until he knows what he whats or tell him I'd like to give it another try? Also, how do I make him see that it's worth another try with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Why the hell do I bother when he's still hung up on that stupid woman who doesn't really care about him. Theres no point. Part of me hopes they'll just get back together, so I can stop hearing boohoos and being strung along getting my hopes up. Screw it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You have to think about this first..Why did you break up in the first place??What ever that reason is you need to take it into consideration,,that it might effect ,your new relationship with him..I wouldn't force the issue about getting back together on him..If he does, he does, if he doesn't, ,he doesn't

Answer by louise2 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• me and the father of my child had a lot of problems in thebegining of our relatoinship. we broke up like three times. he said he didnd know what he wanted. he was working out of state the last time we broke up and him being gone for 3 months made him realize he really loved me. and we gor back together we he came home and have been together for almost 2 years with no problems and we had a son on aug. 20. we truley learned to appreciate one another while we were apart. i think that if you still love him and he still loves you then you should give it a try especially for your daughter. children really do change people. if you think it will work then it probably will. i wish you the best of luck
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• dont listen to louise. ive seen some of the questions shes answered and she seems to be one sided. listen to your heart honey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The reason we broke up is my problem. No I'm not going to take the advise of someone who is so negative. Are you devorced louise2 and on bad terms with your ex? My ex always has been my best friend, even through our break up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hey you asked a question and now you are angry because you don't like the answer someone gives you. Why don't we all just throw up rainbows and unicorns to make you happy since you don't like negativity. Sheesh. If you broke up with him obviously there was a reason. Don't pressure him into getting back into a romantic relationship with you.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 11:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• wow these people call them selves moms and they are so harsh....the womans pouring out her feelings and yall want to put her down. she admits ther WAS a problem but now its resolved and wants to get back with the father of her child. if they think they can do it then whats so wrong with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I didn't say that I was angry. I just said I wasn't going to take negative advice. I also didn't say I wanted to pressure him into a relationship. I would like to open his eyes to the fact that I appreicate him, care about him, and am there for him. Thats what he wants.

Shhesh is right. I thought being mothers you people would be more understanding. Sorry I'm not a bitter person. Maybe some of you should give it a try. Grumps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ty to those of you who have actually read what was writen and have been supportive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i would like to hear from him that he wants to give it another try. not me putting him against the wall.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008