Lost yourself.

This isn't meant to be a dumb question... it was a question raised in my Psych class by my teacher and I didn't really have an answer. So...

Do you feel like you have lost a bit of yourself after having a kid? I mean I know that having a kid changes you, but is it more than that?

KitKatCadillac

Asked by KitKatCadillac at 5:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It isn't so much that I've lost myself, it's more that my self has changed and matured.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• at first absolutely. but as I lost weight and got me a new fitting wardrobe and made some new mommy friends, my confidence came back.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I went through a phase of feeling like I had lost myself, but now realize it was just my life changing and having to give a lot more to another person. You always give something up to get something, and you always mourn a loss. It IS hard to lose parts of yourself when you have a child, but you can work on getting back the things that are really important to you. And, if you're ready for motherhood, what you get in exchange is wonderful!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No I just felt like I gained a new facet to my personality.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• The only time i lost part of my self was when my baby passed away after only living 22 days
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 7:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• In a way yes but what you "lose" isnt important.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010