DS's second birthday partyS

Well I decided after counting how many people would actually be coming to my sons bday, that I just dont have the space or the patience for family and friends together.

I decided to have a family dinner and cake on Saturday, then our friends (basically my coworkers) over on Sunday for his party. Two of them have kids...sooo...yea..I thought this would be easiest because family can be over bearing ESP my mom. She never gives my son breathing room, like she wants to prove shes grandma of the year or something! So I didnt want to combine the two.

Well i tell my mom this, and shes like So is the dinner taking place of sunday or what, instead of lying I said no, Its just less stress on me and Torren to do it this way. So she copped an attitude and was like hes not getting a party then? and I repeated that technically hes getting two. Then she goes off on a tangent "what are you making for dinner" Remember grandma doesnt eat meat. So you NEED to make potatoes and vegies so she can eat a vegi plate! WTF SERIOUSLY so I need to cater an entire dinner for 8 people around one person! She knows were low on cash, she knows im stressed, its almost Christmas! UGG I think it was more how she said it, instead of just asking if my grandma would have options, or even just KNOW that Im not going to starve my grandma!!!

Do you have a seperate party or dinner for your kids bday!? If it helps my son is only two! and I have a couch and 4 chairs!!! (not alot of seating to combine)

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just do things YOUR way. Mom cam suck it up, or she can stay home. Period.
    Our house is tiny, and there's no way we could have more than 2 families in here. If I I had to have a party here, I'd do it the same way you are. Do what you can! Plus, he's only 2, so it's still more about you guys than him at this age (he doesn't fully u derstand the whole birthday thing yet). Enjoy, and tell your mom to just relax and let YOU mother your son!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i had a party at my grandma's for my little one last year for her first and then me and my mom and her went out to dinner. that was it. and the party at my grandma's was her cousin's my brother, my aunt. it was so small and it was just so perfect. don't stress. just do what you are doing and that is what mother's do. have fun. this year i am not quite sure but i am sure it will be similar or about the same. oh yeah she also got a little party at daycare with cupcakes. she didn;t even know the differance.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thank for the support! Sometimes I think my mom thinks hes her son or something! She truly over steps her boundaries! ugg!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Especially being low on cash and right before Christmas, I would take my child & SO (and other kids, in my situation) and do something fun with just us, and not have a party.
    Anonymous