What would you do

My dh has issues at work and rumors came out that he was having an affair which he told me the story with in the week him and several others were fired. But before then they were having his Christmas party at work and he wasn't going to take me his reasoning was too far to pick me up and then go is a hour and half drive home and back as he was working. Now tha he was fired the once that were fired are having a party and he hasn't invited me he talked about how I can stay at home and relax What should I make of this

aus14

Asked by aus14 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd tell him thanks but I want to go

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i don't get it, he told you the story? as in he denied the affair, or he had told you the whole story before he got fired? all sounds pretty suspicious, i would want to go to the party- if nothing else, at least to have fun! and it would definitely weird me out, unless it was something like you never went to those parties so it's normal. regardless i would straight up say that you'd like to go. my SO is a teacher, and so he works with A LOT of women...he kept talking about how he wanted to take our daughter to meet everyone, but never invited me to go. then one day i simply said "can i go meet them too?" and he had zero problem, turns out he really just thought i wouldn't want to go. so hopefully he lets you just go along! good luck :D
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• he's cheating. he doesn't want you to go because the woman he's cheating with is a coworker and he's afraid you'll find out. that's just my gut instinct.
    FragileCrackp0t

Answer by FragileCrackp0t at 6:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Get a sitter and tell him you are coming with him. if he doesn't like it then he can stay home with you.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Actully my son is with his aunt tonight
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If you have two cars, make sure you know where the party is going to be and when he leaves get ready and show up. If you only have one car, tell him either we both go or no one goes. He's having an affair...no doubt about that. Be careful because these men have no qualms about going and having sex or going down on these women and then coming home and kissing and having sex with us. It's not only disrespectful, disgusting but also very dangerous for you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I did ask why I couldn't go to either party the first was no one our side the company could go. He said the other was for him... What ever that means. I'm at my whits end
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• well for him means you as well cause when you married your as one. don't let him get the best of you. tell him your going or like another said drive there and catch him. obviously he is covering something up what else would it be if it wasn't that he is cheating. could you call his ex boss and just ask about this rumor.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• He's work wouldnt fire him over rumors... He's work probably has solid evidence of an office affair.
    He's not willing to take you around his co-workers which s huge red flag. The person he's sleeping he probably said he was divorced.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Don't jump to conclusions just yet. At least give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope you are able to go with him and enjoy yourself.
    myfirstloves

Answer by myfirstloves at 10:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010