How do you get over the love of your life?

Whether they are not with you because they are dead, or a break up of the relationship or some other circumstances?How do you put your energy into something positive and wht do you feel is worthwhile?

NE1outthere

Asked by NE1outthere at 6:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I was wondering the same thing.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I just did things I liked to do. Tried to enjoy life much as possible. Stayed around people who made me feel good and positiive. I love music and writing that helped me as well.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 6:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If there is a break up involved, I don't believe it's the love of one's life...just my opinion. You just do...you take one step at a time and you do it...I couldn't do it without prayer though...lots and lots of prayer!!
    Anonymous

• My reasoning probably isn't the average, but regardless I thought there would never be a physical possible way I could be over who I thought was the "love of my life". He was my first kiss and first bf at age 11, and we were together on/off until we got married when I was 19...sounds fairytale-ish, right? Well too bad he turned out to be psychotic and literally an abusive psycho. So how did I get over him? I testified, and sent him to jail for 7yrs-- might not sound like it, but it was very tough. It still took me a long time to get over everything, then I had to learn to love myself more before I loved anyone else....Now I'm a much more stonger, confident person whose fortunate enough to have loved again and my incredible daughter made moving on easier too...ANYTHING is possible, even moving on f/ the love of your life, for whatever reasons...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• First of all..there is no such thing as the love of your life. You loves, just like your life have many stages and sometimes the person we are with now can flow through those stages with us to the next stage and sometimes they sometimes they can't. Whatever the circumstance that the person is no longer in your life, the key is that YOU have to keep on living and I'm not going to say that something better is around the bend, maybe, maybe not but you can make your life what you want of it and you have to make you happy before anyone else ever can again.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sometime you don't but you do what you have to do. Pick up the pieces of your heart and move forward with life. If, if we are very blessed we will be loved again. You got to love yourself, you got to put your energy into yourself, into moving forward, into living. You have to choose to be positive, choose to be open to a new love, choose to accept that your life is not over because of this loss. It takes a while but it's worth loving yourself and letting yourself heal first.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It takes time you cry. You have to hang out with friends and family keep busy.Church helps . Good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 12:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2010