Is your college age kid coming home for Christmas?

How long is their break?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes. My son is. He has a long break. 12/15-1/24.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Nope, we'll be at my brother's and it is closer to my son's campus. He's also not going to be on vacation for to long as his university marching band heads out before New Year's. They are one of the university bands marching in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena in January.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son is 2 years post-high school and just getting around to applying at colleges now. The other day he said, "Next year I won't have to worry about presents because I won't be living here" I asked him where he's gonna be and he said "away at school". He didn't know that most schools have pretty long winter breaks and that I would expect him home for Christmas. LOL, they are SOOOOO funny!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My 19yo who is in college will be home from 12/18 (he has a final that morning or he'd be home on Friday) until some time in mid Jan. (he has 3 1/2 weeks off but I don't know when he goes back) on his Winter Break and then my 20yo son who is the Army will also be home from 12/18 until 1/3. I am looking forward to having them both home. They graduated high school in May and I wasn't sure my 20yo would be able to be here for Exodus (that's what the break is commonly referred to for the military since many religions are covered) since he finished basic training in Sept. and started school in Oct. so I am thrilled that he'll be here.
    Anonymous

• no kids in college all will be here cooking my xmas dinner
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010