How can I switch my daughter from the breast to the bottle?

Someone please help me I am returning back to school Dec 1st and my 7 month old daughter still wont take the bottle will someone please throw any ideas out?

Jasminelfue

Asked by Jasminelfue at 11:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only way I could ever get my daughter to take a bottle was if I was out of the house and it wasn't me or her dad that gave it to her. It had to be someone she wasn't around everyday. Good Luck! Make sure you pump pump pump!!!!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Try a sippy cup, my son never would take a bottle so i pumped alot and he took a sippy cup when i wasnt around and i breastfed him when i was home. She should be eating some baby food by this point so its not like she needs a bottle every two hours.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• First know that you can still nurse. You can nurse anytime you're not in school and you can pump to give your milk while you're gone.

At 7 months I'd skip the bottle and go straight for a sippy cup. A soft spout one like a Nuby will probably be your best bet. You shouldn't be the one giving expressed milk...let someone else do it while you are not home.

She may hold out and not eat while you're gone and then nurse non-stop while you're home...thats okay. They should try squirting a bit of the milk onto her tongue to encourage her to try it and to help her realize that it is your milk.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Leave her some expressed milk to be given to her in a cup. It can also be mixed with food she eats. By then she'll be 8 months old right? She can just eat solids when you are at school and nurse when you are together. Just let her make up for it with extra nursing while you are together.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2008