Have you ever read the entire Bible?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 6:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Almost all of it. I tend to skip parts that I find boring like all the begats. Love Revelation. Favorite verse (Rev 6:8) of all time comes from there. I probably need to read it again. It's been a while ... few years I think. Maybe I will even read the begats this time ... nah. Probably not. LOL
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes - but I have to admit I skimmed the "begats"
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• To be honest, no. I've read much of it, but not all of it. Though I don't go about citing it as any sort of absolute, infallible, source, either. The way I read the Bible is a lot different from the way most other Christians today read it, I admit. I don't believe in literalism or in it being the absolute word of God. To me, its just one collection of one group's understanding of things like Divinity, life, faith,and so forth.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

The begats are awesome for when you play those "how many baby names can you think of that start with (whatever letter)" games at baby showers
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have. It took two years. It was a looong two years.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Oh and I too am an atheist but reading the Bible wasn't what led me to it. The Bible has some good things in it and some bad. I think a mistake with it is it isoften taken as literal when it is filled with imagery, alliteration and figurative language. I feel it tells more of a story of the progression of civilizations and the ethic codes of man and should be taken as a philosophical observation of this rather than as a literal story.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not yet. That is a goal of mine.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• NO, I have read parts of it, although I am thinking of picking it back up. MY DD has been sick and I have a friend who reads from it every day. She is always sending me messages with scripture in it and it has really helped me, so I am thinking I might start reading it again.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No..Have read parts also as I do Bible Study's
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010