Is there anything I can do?

My three year old just started pulling his penis out of his pants and saying he's doing the dinker doo dance is there anything I can do to get him to stop?? Really need answers on this because I don't want him doing it at school.

Tesha_Ann

Asked by Tesha_Ann at 6:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you need to tell him to stop and that it's not funny or cute..... and if he doesn't listen to that smacks on the butt will do.... but really let him know that it's not funny at all cause that could be the reason he is doing it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think you need to sit him down and tell him there is a place for that and it is not at school or in public. I always told my kids they were allowed to touch themselves and explore their bodies, they just had to do it in their rooms or the bathroom because not everyone needed to see them. I explained that those parts are private and not to be shown to everyone.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• if your laughing or giving him attention when he does it hes getting what he wants.. try to just ignore it.. if that dosent work try talking to him...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 6:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Definitely try to ignore the behavior at home...he will continue to do it as long as he has an audience that is giving him the attention. At school, though I'm not sure what you can do other than talk to the director of his preschool or ask his pediatrician???
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Somebody taught him how to do this, maybe you should tell whoever it was to undo this.........

Answer by older at 6:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• we do not laugh at him and I have told him once that he isnt supposed to do it in front of anyone and he did it in front of my mom so she smacked him on the leg and he laughed at her.
    Tesha_Ann

Comment by Tesha_Ann (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Dinker doo......lmao. My oldest son called it the laso dance...My youngest son called it dirty dancing! It is so normal. Tell him it's okay to touch his penis thats why his arms are that long, But do remind him the underpants dance is private, No one else will like his dance. The reason things are called private is because they are just that. Also less is more.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Ok, who taught him this in the first place...they are the ones I would be after. Don't make a big deal, but if he pulls the mouse from its house, tell him that is a private part and only mommy and the doctor should see it. I taught my kids never show or let others touch any part their bathing suits covered.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• thank you all soo much this really helps.
    Tesha_Ann

Comment by Tesha_Ann (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2010