How do I let go?

My husband just filed for divorce last month. We have been together for almost half of my adult life. I love him so much, and the pain is unbearable. There are days that I think whats the use.. whats the point in living life miserable? At Thanksgiving I was planning on ending it, but then I couldn't because I don't want to hurt my family.. I have also said that was one of the most selfish things a person could do to a family, But what about me??? Am I suppose to go on living with no purpose? I don't want anyone else...I feel he is my soulmate. We have broken up before and gotten back together but this time I feel its for good and I can't live without him....So how do I live a life without the person that was put here to make me whole???????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• You may feel this way now, but give it some time. It WILL get better, it may not seem like it but slowly it will and you will be able to look back and see the progress you've made. Think about your kids and your family and what they would be like without you?? I would suggest seeing a therapist, someone who will just listen to you and be able to give you some professional advice.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You cannot hold on to someone just because you love them apparently he wants out for a reason, wouldn't you rather let him go and find happiness somewhere else?. As for you, life is not over for you, someone out there deserves all the love you got but the one you want to give it to. Life is a cycle and yours as you know it reached its end, find strength in your blessings, do not let this divorce make it the end for your life, you still got a lot of living to do. Maybe life has something else in store for you, do not willow in self pity, be strong and let the man go, he does not want to be with you and you should accept this and keep on trucking and living, best of wishes, you are stronger than you think!

Answer by older at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I truly believe that there are many people out there who we can be happy with and I never believed that there is only one who is our " soul mate". That only happens in romance novels.
    There will be better days and you will find someone else to love. You never know---life can be exciting and rewarding if you are open to new people and changes.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• well first i'm happy you didn't go through with it.... i'm proud of you.... but don't ever think that a man gives you a perpose in life... you do and you at this point need to find yourself... it's not going to be easy not one bite but you can do it.... you just need to be strong inside and out... you'll be fine in the end just know there are others who love you too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• NO MAN...listen carfully...NO MAN is worth you ending your life or ending up in jail for...PERIOD! You feel like this now but please give yourself some time. Cry...cry and cry some more. Throw things...throw tantrums...do whatever you have to do to get it out but no matter how hard this seems now it will pass. I know you don't believe us now but it will. When you get the itch to do something crazy, call your local "Switchboard" and talk to them. They are available 24/7 and especially around the holidays. Also, there is always someone on here that will listen. HUGS!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Do you thnk Im feeling sorry for myself? Seriously I need advice on how to get my life on a normal track again. I know Im strong, I keep hearing that, but at this moment I don't feel it. Your right though Older, I do think the end of my life cycle is here..Tys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You are needed somewhere else. Someone else needs you. You have to continue the journey we call life and find out who are those who really need you. Someone or something ( a new adventure) is waiting for you outside. And you would never know what or who if you stay together with your ex. I am sorry that you are in trouble right now but I am happy that your life give you a chance to find your new purpose. You are strong enough to do that. God trust you with that new mission than why wouldn't you trust yourself? Let your ex go. If you broke up many times before than there was something wrong with the relationship anyway. Probably you feel the loss now more because of the shock and being afraid of the new and unknown. Give yourself some time. And do not look back.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• What's the purpose of living? YOU DAMN KIDS! Your kids are more important over any man. Pull your head out of your selfish ass and think of your children. If you two were soulmates then there wouldn't be a damn divorce.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Umm excuse me. Did I say I had children? I don't recall saying anything of children. And There is none. I don't appreciate your tone with me. I came here for advice not your assumptions full of bullshit. Who are you too tell me what a soulmate consists of? Oh wait, I've seen you roaming the P & C boards...Another Liberal know it all.....Enuff said!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010