How do your little boys use the bathroom in public?

My 2 1/2 year old sits to pee. So in public I have to completely undress him. Well his shoes and pants. Is there an easier way I'm missing???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then should I hold him up? He's small.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• DS only stands in public restrooms (or outside). We have him stand on the toilet seat and lean WAY forward (so he misses his pants and shoes), and go in the toilet. He's getting better about being able to sit.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• lol why? my 2 year old sits too and i just have to pull his pants down? or sometimes i just make him wear a pull up if were going to be running all day
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 6:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• And yes, we're supporting his weight. We stand behind him with our arms around him (we have to aim his penis for him).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• my boys never sat but the toilets are high so id pick them up and theyd aim but i did pull pants and underwear all they down to avoid drips
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 6:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Mine always just sat facing forward. We taught him to 'tuck it' . We used his hand to point his penis down so the pee would go into the toilet and not spray out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not sure about the shoes?? You could just pull his pants down like we do. Start by practicing like that at home. Maybe even practice standing too.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I let him sit and hold his hands.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It just seems like if he's sits with his pants on he's going to pee all over himself because his legs won't spread that far. Standing him on the seat sounds like a good idea.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had the same problem so what I ended up doing was pulling his pants down and holding him up to the tolet and telling him to aim at the water now that hes three hi stands at all times so it will get better.
    Tesha_Ann

Answer by Tesha_Ann at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010