Sore muscle suggestions needed

I have had bronchitis recently, and I am still getting over the cough. My stomach muscles are aching terribly. Any time I cough, it hurts, if I sneeze it hurts, and sometimes when I move just right, it hurts REALLY bad. I am 13 weeks pregnant, and already on pelvic rest.

Any suggestions on what I can do to ease the sore muscles? (Other than laying in bed... lol)

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I have to cough like that or sneeze and my muscles hurt....I always try to stabilize them right before I do it by pressing a hard pillow into my ribs and stomach...to cushion the blow....know what I mean...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• warm bath (not to warm) with some Epsom salts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think arnica cream is safe when you are pregnant and eases muscle pain.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• have you tried telling your ob or doc they might be able to give you some pain medicine, when my back really kills me as im 12weeks preg i just tylonal for the pain not spelt it right but hopefully you know what i mean
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Ask your doctor if you can use Voltaren gel for the muscle pain. Or there are gels to make breathing easier. But consult your doctor before you use anything. Maybe ask him. Sorry, maybe it is not a big help, but I will bump it up:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• a warm (not hot) bath will help a little bit. other than that sleep, and a good diet can help
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 9:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010