WYR Give it away or get something for it?

Anytime I want to get rid of something I will give it away to someone who needs it or I will donate it , but my mom always has to get something (monies) for her stuff.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 6:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in

• I just like to give my things away and I don't need to get anything for them. I think for me it is about helping someone else out and not needing to get something in return.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A little of both. I love giving things to people who need it, but if I'm in need of cash I will try to sell it.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If there is a need for $ I will sell, but if not I will give it away.

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i always just give stuff away...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree usually the feel of helping someone out is better then few bucks you could get.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• it depends for me, if i dont need it or use it anymore then i see if friends need it or anybody else and if im really low on money i sell the things i dont need anymore just to make a lil when its needed
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I always donate things or give it away. I never know how much something is worth.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use freecycle alot. I love to put things on the porch and know someone is going to come and take it away. Some things I will sell. But the small stuff I give away. Cars I sell.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If I'm not using it, I will try to find someone who needs it, and give it to them. As I've gotten older, I find I just don't need as much "stuff", and I try to simplify my life by having less. It makes me happy to see that someone else can use something that I thought was too good to just toss, and that I wasn't really using. I get a good feeling from thinking I'm helping someone.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would rather donate it and be done.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2010