Emerg Csetion....

I have a problem.... I am 26 weeks and my blood test came back and my OB figured it out that since Ive been prego that I have gained a pound a week I am not due until Feb 24th but she said if I keep going the rate Im going then she will have to do an Emerg Csection earlier then Feb 24th when my little girl is due... but before I go prego I weighed 95 lbs is this bad or good I know my Dr is just trying to look out for me and my daughter but I really didnt think about the weight issue please give me some advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You do not need to get a c-section because of gaining weight! Find a different doctor. That is the silliest thing I've ever heard!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I dont understand how she figured that out from your blood work but ok. Anyway if you started out at only 95lbs its typically ok to gain alittle extra weight. ANd also jst becuz you have packed on the pounds doesnt mean your baby has or will. My friend was your size she gained 45lbs during her pregnancy and only had a 7lb baby. Ask her why a c section? You have the right to say no unless its truly a matter of life and death.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• what before you where 95lb!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't know why your doc would say that only based on your weight gain??? If you were underweight when you got prego, you should gain more weight than if you were average weight. Is he implying that the baby will be too big?? If that's the case, I am a petite 5'2" and I just had a 9lbs baby in 3 hours with no drugs in July. If you are doubting your doc, you may want to get a second opinion. Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i agree i gained 50 pounds with my daughter. Mine ended in a c-sec at 38wks but for a different reason.
    My sister weighed 120lbs when she had her daughter and she had her at term natural.
    Find a different dr. Thats crazy.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If the baby gets to big they will have to do an emergency c-section b/c your so tiney but I doubt it will happen. My sister was 90lbs before baby the baby ended up bieng 8lbs and she had him without epidural and without c-section. In my case I had gained alotta weight the dr. told me if my baby gets too big I will have to have an emerg.-c-section and yes I had to, my pelvic bone was to small for my big baby to come out she was 8.6 lbs. The c-section is not bad at all and the epid is painless.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Umm I don't know if it was an attempt to scare you, but if she is serious; she is just wanted more money (C-sections cost about $7000 on average more...) IF she is serious, I would find a different doctor ASAP!!! I had an emergency c section myself with my daughter but that was because of my own bod refusing to dilate; it should never be about your weight gain!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• To the poster that said her pelvic bone was too small that is very unlikely. Your body will not produce a baby too big for you to birth unless there are other things going on the GD and even then you can often birth the baby naturally. True cephalopelvic disproportion (baby too big) is extremely rare and is most often attributed to some sort of trauma to the pelvis (like an accident that crushes it) or having rickets. It's more likely that other interventions led to your c-section. Epidurals, pitocin and laboring on your back in bed unable to move around are the more likely culprits...

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Really? I was in labor for 63hrs all of which in bed they wouldnt let me move they wanted to keep him in as long as possible but i was 34wks and my water broke. They gave me pitocin after 48 hours and i got to 3cm but no further so they told me i had to have one. I didnt get the epi until then.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• To the poster that is trying to make me look stupid... I spent 36 hrs. in labor 1hr. pushing the nurses and my dr. were all trying to get my baby out but everytime I pushed the dr. said it felt like her finger was gonna break off and that my baby was not goin anywhere so I was rushed in for an emergency c-section keep your ignorant comments to yourself if you do not know my situation.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008