Do you let your kids open a present on Christmas Eve?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 6:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We always give the boys their Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve. I always make them. When they were small I would include a book or a hot wheel in the box so that they had something fun, but they're adults now. I still give them they're Christmas Eve pj's, the one year we moved, and I didn't have time to make them they were all disappointed.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son is grown now, but when he was little we always bought an extra gift for him to open on Christmas Eve.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• They open gifts from my parents at their house on Christmas eve and when they get home they open their Christmas PJ's! Everything else is Christmas day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No kids anymore, but when they were young they would go to bed early in excitement of Santa, and wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning and wake up
    the whole household at that time, everyone had to be there! at the time I could have killed them! but in retrospect I cherish those memories.

Answer by older at 7:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes we do and my mom did it to us and her mom did it to her. We get the kids pjs every year and they get them christmas eve night so they have a nice pair of pjs to sleep in lol. But this year is a little diffrent since I went over bored this year lol. I got the kids at least 30 gifts if not more so we are going to set a couple under the tree until christmas eve along with the pjs and they get to open those they will be from mommy and daddy then the rest are from santa
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• we also go to my grandmas christmas eve and to dh's aunts house then on christmas day is here then dh's dad comes over to give the girls gifts then we go to my moms for her to give the girls gifts and my sister also comes over to my moms for gifts then we go to my uncles house for dinner so we usually have a busy 2 days lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• When my inlaws were alive they would send their presents if we couldn't make it to their house 900 miles away from us and we would let her open her gifts from them and leave Christmas day for Santa but now since they are gone ( have died) we do the pj thing.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• we open gifts from my mom, dad, sis, bro and their families on christmas eve... the following day is our day at home and we have the ladies open the gifts from us then.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• This will be our first year living away from family.. but usually we did Christmas eve at the grandparent's house where they opened their gifts from them. This year they probably won't get a gift on Christmas eve.. BUT we are going to give them "The Night Before Christmas" recordable book from Hallmark that we got. DH did the recording on it since he will be deploying not too long from now..
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• we open allllllllll our presents christmas eve (at night)...but i do let her open ONE in the morning
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2010