Single moms do u hate

it when someone ask you "I dont mean to be in your business but is the father around?"....well I do. Cause it is like, even if they have a nice comment about you, it is still like rembmering that you are alone. Like you have to always stay at that point in life.

I find when most, lets say, guy ask that they always follow up I do not understand how guys can have a kid and run away. I agree with them but you know I may have been having a nice conversation with the person and they just took it personal. I like to leave that out of things if it is not imporant to what I am doing.

I really hate being asked that question.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 7:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• hhhhmmmmm, not trying to be mean, but I think you are reading too much into things. Just live your life and do what you gotta do. We are all different. I could get offended about a lot of things, but life is too short and in the end it really doesn't matter. I know what both are like, I've done both. You can't tell what someone's intentions are of asking you a question. Unless you are inside their head, you don't know why they are asking. I think you may be projecting your own feelings onto the situation.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• nope, it never bothered me

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes, it used to bother me a lot when i was a single mom. but it depends- when i started dating, if a guy would ask me that i totally understood. there's a real bad stigma that goes along with single moms who date (that they all want a new "baby daddy" or "sugar daddy"). but strangers? yea, it'd bother me. i work in a real uptight, rich, white area and everytime my daughter comes up with clients they immediately look at my ring finger and ask why i'm not married. then they look at me crazy when i said honestly how i had actually left my bf before i knew i was pregnant- and i still had my daughter! lol they never know how to respond haha.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yeah. or the looks i get when they ask where my sons father is (prison)
    or when they see both my (soon 2 b EX) husband and I at the same function but NOT together. We got alot of questions when we went to our sons PTC together.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• people are so nosey!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't care if people know where his dad is. That's on him, not me. I just keep it short and simple. There are so many dads who aren't around, so many mixed families, single parents, etc. I really don't see it happening that much I guess.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• meh, don't really care, he is an active part of my son's life and I'm proud of him for that
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• it bothers me because usually it has nothign to do with the conversation. Like I just find it noisey. Like why ask are you trying to figure me out? The information isn't benefiting them. Unless they want to be like I would never do that...mine said the same damn thing lol Being a mother is a part of me. You can ask that but where the fool is I dont care for.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I look up to single moms. I don't think I could do it. My husband is always gone due to his job and I get asked that all the time.
    "Oh are you single? Do they have the same father?" "Where's their dad?" I actually said one time that their daddy was sleeping in her bed. She got all puffy and stormed away.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I also have a problem with that statement. I dont think I could do it...well if your not in that situation you dont know what you can or can not do, correct?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2010