Do you give your kids money to buy Christmas presents for family or do they have to save for that?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 7:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• They save their own. I do offer them chores if they want to earn some extra, and they also have two sets of grandparents that will let them rake for money - and my stepdad gives them money for memorizing Bible verses.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Mine saved money, and if they wanted more, they were able to do extra chores to earn a little more money for gifts.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I never did this until they were late in their teens and wanted to get dad something or their grandma, and they would ask dad to give them money for a gift for me.

Answer by older at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We give don't mind giving them the money, but both have chosen to save their allowance to buy for hubby and me. I think that's incredibly sweet.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Ive always gieven them money to get their siblings a gift each , If they want to buy gifts for their friends once they reach pocket money age they have to buy those them selfs.
    Reia631

Answer by Reia631 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2010